Saturday, April 13, 2013

Series Review: Kokoro Connect





The five members of the Cultural Research Club - Taichi Yaegashi, Iori Nagase, Himeko Inaba, Yui Kiriyama, and Yoshifumi Aoki - encounter a bizarre phenomenon one day when Aoki and Yui switch bodies without warning. The same begins to happen to the other club members, throwing their daily lives into disarray.

At first the five students find some amusement amidst the confusion, but this unwarranted connection also exposes the painful scars hidden within their hearts. As their calm lives are shattered, the relationships between the five students also begin to change...








So this was a Summer 2012 anime, and it literally took me a year to finish it. For some reason I would get into it, then quit watching after a few episodes, but I finally finished! This review includes both the original 13 episodes, and the 4 "specials" that aired later on. 


So to start off with, Kokoro Connect is an anime about some kind of alien studying five high school kids in the Cultural Research Club. Strange phenomena are happening to these five friends, and the entire anime series follows their lives as they try to get through these hard times. I found this anime to be very emotional, stressing, and fast paced most of the time. There were a few parts that were boring and I wanted to change shows, but I kept coming back to finish the series, and in the end am happy I did.


The art for this anime is average to say the least, while I really loved the characters. They had their times where they got annoying or I was mad at them, but in the end I still like them alot. The plot was unique and different, but not that amazing if you really look at it. I loved the humor in the show, but hated the parts that were a little too high strung. 


I would say I'm pleased with the ending, and the couples that seemed to come out of it. Pretty good anime, the 2012 Summer season had alot of great anime in my opinion.

Animation: 6/10
Characters: 8/10
Plot: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my reviews to tell me if you like them or what I can do to make them better!