Thursday, April 11, 2013

First Impression: Majestic Prince (1/24)






In the latter half of 21st century, humans leave the Earth and begin to live in space. In order to adapt to the environment in space and deal with the hostile aliens in Jupiter, genetically engineered children called "Princes" are artificially raised and trained to be pilots of armed robots "AHSMB (Advanced High Standard Multipurpose Battle Device). This is a story about one of the teenage "Princes", Hitachi O Izuru, who studies in an academic city Grandzehle. 








Episode One: Sortie

I've never watched much Gundam Seed, but based off of others's comments, this seems to be the 2013 version of it. Originally I wasn't going to watch this anime, since the premise didn't really interest me. I'm not really into mecha anime, and the animation didn't look that great. Well I randomly decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed it greatly. 


The characters themselves are all unique, with lots of comedy thrown in. The art style is definitely different than what I'm used to, but refreshingly so. This team of the worst students ends up being sent to the front lines of an alien invasion, and actually ends up proving themselves, surprisingly. They are called nothing other than Team Rabbits (lame name, I agree), but they definitely keep you entertained.


Hmm, things I didn't like would be the girl and guy on each end above. They both seemed annoying. I also felt that it was a little cheesy throughout the episode, and wasn't really that great until the action scene at the end. This is like the only two cour show so far this season, and I feel as if it should be one cour, while a great anime like Suisei no Gargantia should get 2 cour. But hey, that's just my opinion.


Another plus to this anime is the mecha designs it has. I really liked them compared to the few other mecha shows I have seen. This show does have the potential to be good, but still not a favorite so far in the season. The opening etc. was okay but not that mindblowing. I will keep watching to see how I feel later on. This is still a good show, just not in my top ten.

Animation: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Plot: 7/10
The Episode: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my reviews to tell me if you like them or what I can do to make them better!