Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Impression: Uta no Prince Sama 2000% (1/13)





The six members of ST☆RISH, who have made their shocking idol debut, and Nanami Haruka, who has just begun her career as a composer, have advanced to Saotome Academy's master course. As they continue their lessons in earnest to learn how to be top idols and composers, they join Shining Agency and begin to work as entertainers. But before that, some senpai idols and strange foreign idols with a few odd habits stand before them, and they end up getting dragged into the race for a mysterious "Newcomer Award." 








Episode One: Poison Kiss

Having watched the first season of Uta no Prince Sama, I was completely excited that there was going to be a second season. I love the art, the characters, and the beautiful music that this anime series possesses. What I didn't expect when starting season 2, was that it would be even better than the first season. 


We meet up again with Haruka, and the gang of STARISH as they debut into the professional singing world. This time they're taking the Master Course, and are living under the same roof! Introduced are a new set of characters, the elite group called Poison Kiss that are at the Master Course to help STARISH as mentors. Most of them act like jerks though, and bully the newbies, as they are now roomed together.


I like where the plot is going, and there's also this mysterious new goodlooking guy who looks like he came from Aladdin. Last season Otokya was my favorite, but I have a feeling that Cecil will replace him with this new season. 

The only bad things I can really say about this so far is that I didn't like the ending concert as much as the first seasons, and I felt like they didn't quite capture the same atmosphere for the anime as last season.


I'm really pumped for this series, and can't wait to see how Poison Kiss and STARISH get along. Will definitely follow this show the entire season.

Animation: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Plot: 8/10
The Episode: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my reviews to tell me if you like them or what I can do to make them better!